UKC

Tides around the Gower

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Laird 13 Aug 2016
I'm heading to the Gower in a few weeks and I was wondering if there's a general rule with tidal crags and how long they remain accessible. For example do they get cut off an hour either side of high tide?

2 of the tidal areas I was looking at were three cliffs and yellow wall of that helps?

The Ivanator 13 Aug 2016
In reply to Rob Laird:

Access windows vary on Springs and Neaps, but typically 3 cliffs is free of the briny stuff for 2 & a half to 3 hours either side of low water.
Not climbed on Yellow Wall (the other end of the difficulty scale) but judging by Mewslade and King Wall nearby (where I have climbed) I would expect a similar (perhaps slightly shorter) tidal window.
 BenTiffin 13 Aug 2016
In reply to Rob Laird:

The Gower & SE Wales guide has details of the tide Windows for each crag. These are also accessible through the guidebook wiki on the SWMC website.
 Anoetic 14 Aug 2016
In reply to BenTiffin:
Yellow wall is either non-tidal on the RHS to 3 hours either side of low tide. Also some of the locals get twitchy if you call it the Gower, it is just Gower

Have a good one..
 gethin_allen 14 Aug 2016
In reply to Anoetic:

> Yellow wall is either non-tidal on the RHS to 3 hours either side of low tide. Also some of the locals get twitchy if you call it the Gower, it is just Gower

Do we?

Let's not get into a Peak District/the peak/peaks bull about this.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...