UKC

Resoling vs buying new

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FinlayThomson 26 Sep 2016

Just looking to see what peoples experiences are with resoling. I have taken a chunk of rubber out of the toe out of my La Sportiva Katana's on one shoe and on the other the rand and sole appear to be starting to separate (im guessing that was the cause of the chunk coming away as well I just hadn't noticed it.

The shoes are about 7 months old and are pretty much only used indoors but I have read that some people have experienced the same problems with these shoes, getting them resoled, then the same problem happening again within a few months.

Im not overly in love with the shoes but for now id rather not have to breaking in a new pair.
Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks.
Post edited at 15:02
Ysgo 26 Sep 2016
In reply to FinlayThomson:

For the most part, when people are getting them resoled and it's failing again, it's because the sole has been peeling as a warranty issue and they've been sent back to the distributor who glues the sole back, rather than them having been resoled by a third party. In your case it might be another instance of the soles coming unstuck, thus it's a warranty concern. If it's not, then sending them to Llanberis Resoles usually results in the shoes coming back as good as new. The beauty of Sportiva is their P3 system which means that the shoes doesn't lose shape over time like some other major manufacturers do. Scarpa do the same thing but call it Tensioned Randing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...