UKC

Thailand or Mexico ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
If you had about 1.5 months in december and january to go climbing, what would you choose ? Mexico or Thailand ?
It's a solo trip, so I need to be able to find easily some partners.
And it would be sport climbing in the 6s.

Aigen 13 Oct 2016
In reply to Cecilewannaclimb:

Thailand. I have been to Krabi and el Pitraro Chico and Thialand is way way better.
 rpc 13 Oct 2016

Mexico, including El Potrero Chico offers long, multipitch routes. Thailand does not.
In reply to rpc:

Thanks guys.
My heart seems to go to Mexico, but haven't not made up my mind.

Could you easily find partners in el Potrero ?
 Aigen 17 Oct 2016
You will find partners there over Xmas break easy as the yanks come down for the warm weather.
But a word of advice, Dont climb underneath another party as the rock can be a bit loose in places. If there is someone on a route just pick another one.
Post edited at 16:21

Ok, thanks for the advice !
 stuart jones 19 Oct 2016

Will be in Chiang Mia and then Laos from 28th Dec, 15 days then 7 respectively, if you decide Thailand over Mexico
In reply to stuart jones:

Ok Stuart, thanks !
Still haven't made my decision. Flight prices are rising ...
 Tobes 23 Oct 2016
In reply to rpc:

> Mexico, including El Potrero Chico offers long, multipitch routes. Thailand does not.

? Thailand does have multipitch routes, on Tonsi, Ao Nang tower and Railey. 4 pitch routes, 30m pitches so reasonable length overall.

Not long maybe but climbing straight out of a boat onto Ao Nang tower doing a 4 pitch route then abbing back into the boat over turquoise seas is pretty special.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...