UKC

Still using Tendon ropes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kerm 30 Oct 2016
Hi. What's your experience so far of tendon ropes? Looking at trying them out potentially as have no reason not to as yet. Thanks
 HeMa 31 Oct 2016
In reply to Kerm:

I've had quite a few Tendon ropes, and the seem to be quite a solid option for those looking most bang for bucks.

Sure I've had ropes that have lasted a tad longer or felt a tad better, but more often than not with a hudge price bump. That said, I nowadays mostly just shop ropes that are on sale, eg. Bergfreunde has often quite a good bargains on their "own" models (i.e. bergfreunde edition, not sure if those are available on country specific sites though, you might need check the .de one).

I seem to more or less wear out a rope in a year or so, hence cheapo 10mm single is good enough for all the sport and craggin' I do. If I go on a bolt clippin' holiday, I do have a longer rope (80m). Same applies to winter and multipitch climbing (dry treated doubles).
 jimtitt 31 Oct 2016
In reply to Kerm:

I´ve used them for the last 15 years or so. They are fine in my opinion, better than some others well known makes I´ve had.
OP Kerm 31 Oct 2016
In reply to jimtitt:

Are they used more abroad? I don't tend to see them here much.
 jimtitt 31 Oct 2016
In reply to Kerm:

> Are they used more abroad? I don't tend to see them here much.

Widely distributed and used in Germany, made in the Czech Republic.
Adam Ondra uses them......
 tjin 01 Nov 2016
In reply to Kerm:

Had a tendon smart 10mm rope, used for 6-7 years. Replaced due to age. Worked just fine as a rope, not much to complain about.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...