UKC

1 man tents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 phil_91 31 Oct 2016
I'm after a 1 or 2 man tent that I can use for wild camping up in the mountains. I can't warrant taking my banshee 300 which is rather bulky and heavy for 2/3 day trecks. I like my banshee and am toying with the idea of getting the 200 but I'm sure there will be others that are worth a look

Is there anything you can recommend that is around the £100 range. It just needs to be big enough for me at 6 ft1 and my pack.
 ben b 31 Oct 2016
In reply to phil_91:

Suggest a search in the gear forum, this question appears to come up about every fortnight currently!

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=651851

b
 leon 1 01 Nov 2016
In reply to phil_91:I dont know if this would be of any interest to you as its single skin but I am selling the Flysheet /Outer for a Syl Hexpeak V4A.(Its the slightly bigger 2015 version.)
It works as a very spacious one person tent Uses one trekking pole set to 140cm (the full extension of most poles) Weighs 730 grams , Pack size is 30 x 12 cms (but squashes down to about the size of a rolled ultralight thermarest)
Ive replaced the pegs for proper MSR Groundhog pegs
Specs for it are on here
http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelters-1/WF129.html

Video here
youtube.com/watch?v=FKOJ2Td8f-E&
I sold the inner/nest as I found it far too claustrophobic to use and just using the outer alone gave much more livable space. It has only been used for one week but repelled some very big storms in that time without the slightest problem, seams have been sealed and its in perfect condition
Looking for £85 (which includes recorded post)

rj_townsend 01 Nov 2016
In reply to phil_91:

Wild Country Zephyros 1 or 2 - had mine a few years and been very pleased with it.
 jezb1 01 Nov 2016
In reply to phil_91:

I got lucky and picked up a Laser Comp from Sports Direct for £125 a while ago, a bit over budget still though and you have to get lucky.

The Wild Country Zephros is only a bit heavier and a very similar design. Good value tents I reckon, if a bit flappy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...