UKC

Yorkshire / Lancashire hostels??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fiend 01 Nov 2016
Advice needed. Earby is closing down, Mankinholes is now closed over winter, Haworth is closed in the week. Can;t find that many independents and main area of Lancs has fck all.

Need some recommendations to provide comfy bases for grit expeditions. As always the quieter and comfier the better. Party/group hostels a last resort. Even cheap BnBs would be okay.

Thanks in advance.
 Unknownbiker 01 Nov 2016
In reply to Fiend:

You could try Kettlewell. Nice owners, great food, three pubs in the village, crags not too far
 mark catcher 01 Nov 2016
In reply to Fiend: Great bunk barn at Downham, pub a mile one way, Witches Quarry a mile the other. Never anyone there so will very likely be all yours.

Tall Clare 01 Nov 2016
In reply to mark catcher:

Is that the one with the gas lamps (or at least it had them when I stayed there about six years ago)? If so, that's a cracking place!
 mark catcher 02 Nov 2016
In reply to Tall Clare: That's the one

OP Fiend 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Fiend:

Okay Downham doesn't exist any more and Kettlewell is a long way from the epicentre of yorkshire grit.

Anyone got any more suggestions??
 Bulls Crack 03 Nov 2016
OP Fiend 04 Nov 2016
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Thanks but that's closed for the winter too.
 Bulls Crack 04 Nov 2016
In reply to Fiend:

So it is - I thought it stayed open longer for some reason
 mark catcher 04 Nov 2016
In reply to Fiend: Downham doesn't exist any more? I run past it nearly every day. It does. And you're welcome.

OP Fiend 05 Nov 2016
In reply to mark catcher:

Cool, can you provide me a direct link for it to check availability then??

YHA website brings up nothing: http://www.yha.org.uk/places-to-stay/region/camping-barns - not listed there, and any other links redirect to that same page.

Thank you very much.
 mark catcher 06 Nov 2016
In reply to Fiend: I'll mail you the booking details

Andy Say 06 Nov 2016
In reply to Fiend:

I've got a back bedroom in Colne.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...