UKC

Phantom Guide vs Rebel Ultra GTX relative sizing and fit?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Last 02 Nov 2016
Hello.

I'm looking to change boots from Rebel Ultra GTX to Phantom Guides and was wondering could somebody who has experience of both of these boots give me some idea of the relative sizing of the boots, I.e. do you take a larger size in one set of boots than the other, or the same? Also, any major differences in fit?

Cheers!
Tom

ColdWill 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Tom Last:

Phantom Guides or Phantom Techs, either way the sizes are very similar. I found no need to size change from one to the other. The Rebels and Techs fit the same with the guides having more volume but identical length. If you have chunky feet the Guides may fit you better if you had to size up for the volume in the Rebels. They are pretty much the same width with the Guides possibly fractionally wider and with more volume.
 Nathan Adam 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Tom Last:

I used to own the Guides but worked in a gear shop so tried the Rebel Ultra on as well on different occasions. I found the Phantom Guide to be a wider boot and had more volume in it, which suited my wide feet quite well. I'd say the Rebel Ultra runs pretty much the same in sizing as the Guide but might be worthwhile bearing in mind what I found with them being slightly wider in regards to sizing. Try them on if at all possible before committing to that amount of money.

My Guides gave up after a season of use so they got sent back and were replaced with the new Phantom Tech which I think is a great boot for technical climbing but still keeps its warmth very well, a bridge between the Phantom Guide and the old Phantom Ultra.

Would recommend the Phantom Tech as another option worth looking at, very good all round winter boot, flexible enough to give comfortable walk in but still perfectly capable when you stick a crampon on them (have used Darts and Rambo 4's with mine and both fit great).
OP Tom Last 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Tom Last:

Thank you both, very helpful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...