UKC

July 2017 Mt. Blanc summit attempt -Partner/group request

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
PeractoPaulo 10 Nov 2016
Hi All,

I would like to attempt a summit of Mt. Blanc (Gouter route) next Summer 2017 in July 14-22nd
I am aware I need to get booking the huts soon as they quickly get booked out!
I don't really want to solo it as it will be first time exposure to altitude above 3400M. My regular partner is not available next year.

I have hiked in deep snow a few times in the Pyrenees (Col da madamete) , I have good experience in Via ferrata climbing and I have climbed most of the big climbs in Ireland and Great Britain, also several peaks in the Pyrenees including Aneto 3404M. Crossed several glaciers at varying angles and have an intimate understanding of the deep gurgling music of the crevasses. I am fit, strong, 14 stone weight, level headed, very sure footed and very determined But I consider my alpine experience to be zero. I am fully aware of the risks involved and wish to mitigate them as best I can- crevasses cannot be mitigated.

I don't want to hire a guide, @ GBP1000+ I think it is completely unnecessary considering the difficulty of the route (providing weather conditions).
A guide cannot protect you from falling rocks in the Couloir, prevailing weather or altitude sickness whereas a roped in buddy would be a big piece of mind on the more exposed sections and crevasses.

I plan to go to Chamonix for 10 days to familiarise myself with the necessary. If there are any like minded people that want a partner or an addition to their group please PM me.

Naturally, I will buy the beers upon descent.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...