UKC

Spantik boot(s) Bargains and a BNWOT Nomic

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Jonny Allen 07 Dec 2016
All prices include Free UK postage.

I have lots of photos waiting, for item #2.) in particular.

Please PM me for them and/or my mobile number to iMessage (if you have an iPhone).

#1.) BNWT Spantiks: size EU 46 - £299 ovno.
Need no introduction to right buyer in the market for these remarkable boots. Perfect for the aspiring High Altitude Mountaineer or Winter Alpinist.
I bought them a few years ago when I had high ambitions of doing both of the above imminently, but it never happened for health reasons, and I’m not sure when I’ll get the chance again.
Photographs pointless IMHO as the only thing about these not in completely unused mint condition is the box I still have for them. But if you want some anyway, I have them waiting (see above).
UKC bargain of the month IMO #1

#2.) Used VERY good condition Spantiks: size EU 46 - £199
Similar deal to the above. Was going to keep these for personal use, but can’t guarantee I’ll use them any time soon, so they’ve got to go.
Condition wise they are almost flawless, VERY little wear to them. have been worn with crampons most of the time.
UKC bargain of the month #2

#3.) Used VERY good condition Spantiks: size EU 42 - £199
A *very* rare size to come about in second hand VGC, hence my asking price, despite the flaw mentioned below.
In general, these are in *very* good condition. They have taken just the slightest amount of general scuffing and scraping to the uppers and soles to know they been used.

Very little wear to the soles (again, they've been worn with crampons most of the time). The all-important front toe bail area is almost completely unscathed etc. i.e. it was very hard for me to ‘make’ them look bad in photos, especially the soles. (again, photos on request).

What I DO need to tell you about is the right boot. Unfortunately, it suffered a very small crampon puncture in the upper. But before you run a mile or get too disappointed, the good news is that it is both very small and only affects the outermost of its many layers, as far as I can tell.
Nothing a bit of epoxy won’t make good as good as new again. Def won’t impair function (If you think about it, liquid water is going to be the last thing you'll be worried about if you're going to be using these in their intended conditions).

 
#4.) BNWOT Petzl Nomic 2 Ice Tool (single) - £130
This is a single Nomic tool being offered. For a slightly embarrassing reason on my part (long story none of you will care to know).
It never got used at all. Still got bubble wrap on the pick!
I’m convinced this is an absolute bargain price I’m offering here people, but if you DO find a better deal on single Nomics to partner it with (i.e. that will or won’t make it a better deal than the best of the pair deals out there) let me know, and I will price match it, and then some, asap.

That’s it, any questions just ask. Thanks for looking.
Regards,
Jonny Allen.
 andrewm1000 08 Dec 2016
In reply to Jonny Allen: Jonny, I'll take the used Spantiks 46. Let me have your bank details and i'll transfer today for postage to Somerset. I couldn't sell my 46 Oly Mons boots so can't afford the new Spantiks sorry but I'm sure someone else will at that price, bargain. Cheers Andrew

OP Jonny Allen 08 Dec 2016
In reply to andrewm1000:

YHM. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your Mons. I have to confess I actually forgot about you. But I'm borderline desperate to get rid of all these items before Christmas, but now I'm almost regretting offering them at such bargains given the amount of interest I've gotten already!
Meh, what can you do, lol.
OP Jonny Allen 09 Dec 2016
In reply to andrewm1000:

Item #2.) Used VERY good condition Spantiks: size EU 46 - £199

SOLD.

Pleasure doing business with you Andrew. Thanks again.

Regards,
Jonny

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...