UKC

Heptonstall question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climberchristy 17 Dec 2016
Heading out to climb in next few days. Thinking of venues, heptonstall being one possible. I not climbed there before.

Problem is that partner is not climbing yet due to recovering from shoulder op. So, he kindly coming out to belay.

So, question is... how suitable is heptonstall for me to be abbing off after each lead to retrieve gear? Are there suitable belays? Is it a major pain walking back round to top each time or is access to top quick and easy?

Routes I fancy are
Thin red line
Brown sugar
Anticyclone
Hard line

Above 4 all close together so perhaps the one ab line belay point could be used to recover gear from all of these four?

Also interested to lead
Forked lightning crack

Any info, ideas, advice anyone? Any other route recommendations? Rock condition this time of year etc?

Cheers,
Christy
 petegunn 17 Dec 2016
In reply to climberchristy:

There are some good stakes in place so should be ok and have seen a few locals climbing on shunts in the past.
 The Fox 17 Dec 2016
In reply to climberchristy:

one thing i remember fro last time i was there is that the stakes are set back from the edge, and the foliage between the stakes and the edge had copious amounts of dog poo in it. watch where the rope trails/hangs to avoid an unpleasant surprise...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...