UKC

Where to go?????

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ffati 22 Dec 2016
Were would you go skiing for a long weekend over new year?

Needs to be flights from Liverpool/Manchester

Shortish transfer

Half decent amount of runs open

Basically want as much bang for my buck for a short weekend

Cheers and a meery Christmas
 Pete Houghton 22 Dec 2016
In reply to ffati:

France and Austria are dry, try Italy. Bits of the Aosta valley are good, some places even further south.
In reply to Pete Houghton:
French resorts around Briancon have good snow high in the resorts, such as puy st Vincent, serre chevalier, montgenvre and Vars

Cheers
 Chris the Tall 23 Dec 2016
In reply to ecrinscollective:

Mate is in Montgeneve this week, sending me texts about skiing untracked powder (bastard!!!!, but hopefully I'll get my revenge). It's a great mid-sized resort and very easy drive from Turin, but can be tricky finding accommodation.
 inboard 23 Dec 2016
In reply to ffati:

Depends what you want to do. Piste skiing in Salzburgerland is great - we've been around Obertauern, Zauchensee, Schladming all week and had great fun on largely empty pistes with excellent grippy snow. To be sure, it's not the touring we came for, but at least it's skiing. Valley runs open in most resorts round here. Recent weather has favoured snow-making which has saved them. And some snow forecast for next week. Transfers easy from Salzburg or (slightly longer) Munich. Further W in Austria is, I think, less good but check out conditions via bergfex.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...