UKC

Another helmet please...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 02 Jan 2017
Bought a new helmet in September.

Did some laps of Regents park this morning. Was just pulling up outside home after finishing so unclipped my left foot and lifted myself out of the saddle putting my weight forward onto the hoods while still moving but not quickly. Next thing I know and this happened in what seemed like a split second the front wheel slid left hit the pavement throwing me right with not enough time to unclip. Went down like a sack of spuds. The temple area of the helmet whacked the road so is now fu*ked.
Could have been worse my jacket is scuffed but still usable. Looked at the road but couldn't see any obvious ice or oil.

Somewhat hacked off having only had this helmet 3 months but a broken helmet is better than a brain injury.
 webbo 02 Jan 2017
In reply to Indy:
Maybe if you had paid more attention to you dental hygiene earlier then your bike handling skills would be better.
OP Indy 02 Jan 2017
In reply to webbo:

touché
 webbo 02 Jan 2017
In reply to Indy:
It could worse you might have landed on your teeth.
 Brass Nipples 02 Jan 2017
In reply to Indy:

Got to be higher speed than that for a brain injury. Maybe you need more beer. Plenty of pedestrians trip over at that speed after a few beers and come to no harm.
 BrendanO 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Indy:

Good timing tho...new year sales and that.
 deepsoup 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Lion Bakes:
> Plenty of pedestrians trip over at that speed after a few beers and come to no harm.

And an unlucky few subsequently die from a brain injury.

You're not wrong though: just because you broke your helmet doesn't necessarily mean you would otherwise have broken your head.
 gethin_allen 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Lion Bakes:

> Got to be higher speed than that for a brain injury. Maybe you need more beer. Plenty of pedestrians trip over at that speed after a few beers and come to no harm.

Plenty of people die of brain injuries falling over backwards after a single punch. Nothing to do with the force of the punch just that they hit their head on the pavement.
 DancingOnRock 03 Jan 2017
In reply to Indy:

Bicycle helmets are designed to limit injuries sustained by an average weight adult falling onto a kerb shaped object at 15mph from 1m.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...