UKC

...Polartec.Wind.Pro.rather than.Gore Wind.Stopper?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 09 Dec 2003

I have a pair of Wind Pro gloves and they seem pretty windproof,in that i can't blow through them and feel my breath coming through the other side.Has anybody used any jackets made out of Windpro and how did the seem? As my ultra-fleece jacket is a bit cold when it's windy as the wind goes through it a bit,but i don't want to spend as much as a Gore Windstopper costs,and also iv'e read that windstopper garments aren't as warm when wet and can take ages to dry.Has anybody any advice or experiance with Windpro or any other fleece that's nearly or totally windroof,that isn't gore windstopper?

Cheers
Tim
In reply to Timmd:

Never found any grade of Wind Pro that passes the blow test (with the fabric placed against the lips, that is). Since there isn't a membrane, wind will pass. It uses a denser weave and textured face to achieve its wind resistance. Are you sure the gloves aren't Windbloc?

Powershield is an intermediate step between WindPro and Windbloc/Windstopper, and has a woven outer face. There are different grades, some allegedly having a perforated membrane between face fabric and fleece inner, but, since Malden's website doesn't give adequate details, I'm not sure about this. Also, Powershield is damned expensive - it's touted as a soft shell - need I say more?

You could, of course, just buy a simple pertex windproof to pop over the top of your existing fleece...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...