UKC

Best campsite in Northwales/Snowdonia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stu84 21 Jun 2017
Evening,

I'm heading to North Wales for four days of climbing in late July. Looking to stay on a campsite and have day trips to various crags.

I know of lots of campsites in the area but haven't used any for years as i tend to wild camp or stay in a bunkhouse in the winter.

Walking distance to a pub would be good but not essential.

Thanks
Stu
 d_b 21 Jun 2017
In reply to stu84:

"best" is subjective, but Dolgam just outside Capel Curig is a decent site within striking distance of a pub.
OP stu84 21 Jun 2017
In reply to davidbeynon:

Thanks David, I will take a look.

Best in my opinion would have good ground for a tent, not overly busy, reasonable facilities with a shower and be near a pub with a good atmosphere.
 ripper 21 Jun 2017
In reply to stu84:

can't get much closer to a pub than the one opposite the Vaynol. It has no amazing features apart from location, mind
OP stu84 22 Jun 2017
In reply to ripper:

Thanks ripper. Yes I stayed here in 2003/2004 remember it being an excellent location. Does it have a half decent shower?
 ripper 22 Jun 2017
In reply to stu84:

can't really comment mate - racking my addled brain but can't recall ever having used it! (in my defence I usually only stay one night... two at most...)
 mbh 22 Jun 2017
In reply to stu84:

I stayed there in 2013. There were chickens walking in the shower block. I thought it was fine but my wife still shudders at the memory.
 Big Steve 22 Jun 2017
In reply to mbh:

My favourite is http://gwynant.com
Maybe not the most convenient for climbing but has good facilities, is a nice quiet site and well run. You can even get a freshly cooked pizza some evenings
In reply to stu84:

http://www.snowdonia-wales.net/acc/camp/garth/default.asp

My current favourite site.
New shower block , fire pits and wood available . Overlooking Llynnau Mymbyr
5 Quid a night .
You could probably walk to the pub in Capel Curig from it.

TWS
 Owen W-G 22 Jun 2017
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

The one opposite vaynol is cheap, £5? But has pay showers and no bog roll. Ideal location but I'd consider somewhere fancier if more than 1 or 2 nights
OP stu84 23 Jun 2017
In reply to stu84:

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I will take a look.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...