UKC

Eric's Bunkhouse - Tremadog

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tomchitson 07 Nov 2017
Eric's Bunkhouse - Tremadog:

I am trying to book a group climbing trip to Tremadog and use Eric's Bunkhouse, but am having difficulty contacting the owners using the phone numbers on their website.

Does anyone know if the bunkhouse is still available to hire?

Thanks
 alasdair19 07 Nov 2017
In reply to tomchitson:

In the past it's been a turn up and use open hut rather than a bookable bunk house.

Eric was certainly trying to sell up a few years ago so things may have changed.

There is also a climbing hut at the bottom though I don't know whose it is. It may be listed in the bmc handbook.
 Ramblin dave 07 Nov 2017
In reply to alasdair19:

The hut is the Bromsgrove and Redditch club:
http://brmc-adventure.org.uk/hut/
 ianstevens 07 Nov 2017
In reply to alasdair19:

Give Eric a call and you can generally book a hut for some use in the low season
 John Ww 07 Nov 2017
In reply to ianstevens:

Perhaps if you read the OP...

JW
 JonoDHawkins 07 Nov 2017
In reply to tomchitson:
Stayed there a couple of weekends ago through our uni society so definitely still bookable for groups... not sure what's come of the whole selling up thing.

Pretty sure it was booked via email or phone, so might just be a case of taking some holiday etc.?
Post edited at 20:42
 nuts and bolts 08 Nov 2017
In reply to alasdair19:

I was skiing with Eric last January and he said he has been trying to sell the cafe for a number of years now with no success yet.
in the past we have turned up on spec and paid at the cafe in the morning. Bunk house is pretty sizeable so not likely to be full this time of year.
 GrahamD 08 Nov 2017
In reply to Ramblin dave:

> The hut is the Bromsgrove and Redditch club:

Hi Dave, Isn't that the other hut there ? I thought Erics was the one next door to it ?
 Ramblin dave 08 Nov 2017
In reply to GrahamD:

I was replying to Alasdair's comment that there's also a club hut there but he doesn't know whose it is.
 GrahamD 08 Nov 2017
In reply to Ramblin dave:

Ahh, true. Put it down to too many destroyed brain cells over the weekend

Bromsgrove and Reddich is a good hut in a great location.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...