UKC

Plea for Blank Chalkbags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Lewy 20 Oct 2001
Please help me! I've been searching high & low for anyone that can sell me blank chalkbags of any description. If you can help or know someone who can then please get in touch.

Thanks and appreciation in advance.
Lewy.
Fraser 21 Oct 2001
In reply to Lewy:

You mean one without a manufacturer's name/logo on the side, or one that's been skinned, no fur/frills etc?

Got me to thinking, there's gotta be a market for more personalised chalk bags - filofax versions for city types, nose-bag variants for horse lovers, Italian macho guys get those cute wee leather 'sac-a-main' numbers.....the list could be endless.

Fraser

PS - I'll keep my eyes open for a blank one. Do you just object to sponsoring a company by displaying their name, or have you ulterior motives for asking?
 Mike H 21 Oct 2001
In reply to Lewy: I understand your predicament also

I was leaving the wall yesterday and managed to snap the cord on my chalk bag

I thought to myself I'll just replace it, then I thought hang on a minute this chalk bag is about 6 years old.

Why not treat myself to a new one, had a look in the shop and they were all garbage

Why can't any company make a decent chalk bag?
Iain McTaggart 21 Oct 2001
In reply to Mike H:

Have you seen the S7 ones? I always find the draw cords go quite quickly but these have got a velcro fastening. They also have a useful pocket on the side. Not unbranded but I've just had a look at mine and you could pull the label off quite easily. Then it would just be a plain black chalk bag.
Chris Fryer 22 Oct 2001
In reply to Fraser: I have always thought an oven glove would make a great novelty chalkbag - ergonomically shaped!
Lewy 22 Oct 2001
In reply to Fraser: Thanks for the reply Fraser, It's bags without manufacturers logos I'm trying to source, although offering another companies bags is always an option - big companies just don't want to know.

I'm asking because I want my company logo on them so I can sell them from our new website vert4.com (still under development). I'm trying to offer climbers something but it's proving a major task !

I think you might have something there with the personalised chalkbags, trouble is finding a standard bag supplier has been bad enough !

Thanks
Lewy.

Lewy 22 Oct 2001
In reply to Mike H: Well Mike, this Company is trying but can't find anyone who produces Chalkbags without manufacturer logos on them already.

My search goes on - don't loose faith
Lewy 22 Oct 2001
In reply to Iain McTaggart: I like where your coming from Mike but I intend to put my own brand on them, I think S7 may get a little upset

Cheers anyway.
 Grover 23 Oct 2001
In reply to Lewy:

I've seen some climbing walls with their logo on chalk bags. I think the basic bags were manufactured by outdoor designs.

It might be worth contacting them directly.
OP bex 24 Oct 2001
In reply to Chris Fryer: somebody at ucr had a glove puppet as a chalk bag, v original i thort, made me chuckle!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...