UKC

Bivvy on Mont Blanc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Humphrey Allen 23 Jun 2023

Hello all,

I've read in several places that there were plans to make people climbing Mont Blanc provide proof of reservation at one of the hostels. e.g. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/13/france-limit-access-mont-blan...

Does anyone know what's become of this? Were the regulations passed, are they enforced? We were previously planning to bivvy on the route. 

Cheers,

Humphrey

Jim blackford 23 Jun 2023
In reply to Humphrey Allen:

Its banned. It's been banned for a while, but i've heard that in the last couple of years they now employ someone to check that no one bivvys between the tete rouse and gouter huts. Walkers also turned away during the day if they are headed up to the gouter hut without a reservation.

This is all gossip from friends who have done the route- i havnt been up it. 

montyjohn 23 Jun 2023

Plenty of people camping on the Vallee Blanche last year near Cosmique hut. No checks for reservation at all from Aiguille Du Midi. 

Matej 24 Jun 2023

there is a guy from the rescue services with the list of people who booked either Tete-Rousse or Gouter that day. He is checking everyone , if you do not have a booking , you can't go up . So no camping . He was standing at Les Houches and he was checking everyone who looked like a climber. He also went with everyone up to Nid d'Aigl where he was checking everyone again as some people didn't use the cablecar but they went by foot. It is quite very strict.

Post edited at 19:39
 tingle 25 Jun 2023
In reply to Matej:

I don't suppose you would know if anyone doing a Les Houches to summit in a single push, setting off late evening would catch any grief? 

wbo2 25 Jun 2023
In reply to Humphrey Allen: Go from the Midi, down the Gouter

McHeath 25 Jun 2023

If you‘re going for the big one I hope you‘ve acted on the advice you got in your previous thread, since I assume you‘ll be doing at least one other 4000er to acclimatize …

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...