UKC

Sold: La Sportiva Skwama 41.5 £50, Scarpa Booster 42 £30

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joeruckus (user since 17/Jun/10) 09 Jul 2023
The seller has now marked this as sold
Price: £50.00

Hi 

I bought these La Sportiva Skwama, size 41.5, 18months ago. I've worn them perhaps a dozen times in total, indoors and out. Rubber is in good nick, velcro still very new. I was intentionally downsizing (I'm usually 42/42.5 but I wanted tighter grip around the ankle), but they're much too narrow for me to continue with, which is also why they're only lightly used. £50 inc p+p (UK).

https://imgur.com/a/gxlMIeB

I got these Scarpa Boosters 6 or so years ago, bought them in Bergen Norway in a store where I was stupidly convinced by the salesperson when they said 'They're great, I climb 2 grades harder in these'. Lmao, paid through the NOK nose for them at the time. They're size 42, they hurt me like hell cos my feet just aren't that narrow, and certainly feeler smaller (and are smaller) than the 41.5 Skwamas above. Anyway, similar story – I persevered with them for about a month and a half, mostly indoors, before they got filed in the 'this was a mistake' pile. The velcro is still very grippy, a bit more used than the Skwamas but not in the least worn out, and while the rubber edges are marked from use they're still at the start of their useable life. They look a bit faded and the colour has leached a bit in the uppers – they've been taken to crags in the bag in case I needed to 'try hard', so they look a little more worn than their actual climbing-condition is. Cheaper than getting your current pair resoled: £30 inc p+p (UK).

https://imgur.com/a/iLAauJ1

cheers

Joe

Jack Ridley 10 Jul 2023
In reply to joeruckus:

Sent you a pm

OP joeruckus 10 Jul 2023
In reply to joeruckus:

Boosters sold.

OP joeruckus 10 Jul 2023
In reply to joeruckus:

FYI I've sent an email reply to a message from Pete about the Skwamas, it's in your yahoo inbox.

OP joeruckus 11 Jul 2023
In reply to joeruckus:

BUMP cos the pair of Skwamas is still available yes yes the entire pair

Pete Chadwick 12 Jul 2023
In reply to joeruckus:

Thanks Joe, have now seen the email and sent you a reply.

Pete

OP joeruckus 12 Jul 2023
In reply to joeruckus:

Skwamas are sold.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...