UKC

Dealing with different size and shape feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sabostar 02 Aug 2023

In my ongoing quest to find a comfy pair of hiking boots, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with different size and shaped feet?

Mine are one full size different, and my right foot is wider that my left.

Have other people experienced this and worked around it? Boot adjustments is an option but one full size is a stretch too far (pun intended).

Have you ever tried wearing boots that are different sizes?

Jenny C 02 Aug 2023
In reply to sabostar:

6.5/7.5 here and bizarrely the smaller foot is also the wider.

I generally use green superfeet in outdoor footwear, this seems to cup the smaller foot securely enough to prevent movement.

(If you think fitting outdoor footwear is difficult try ladies dress shoes, that's a nightmare and you can't even use socks to pad them out)

G. Tiger, Esq. 03 Aug 2023
In reply to sabostar:

6.5 and 9 here.

Climbing shoes, two pairs.

Walking boots, one pair, with superfeet insoles (oddly corrected to superferret...) and the smaller fit lifted with another insole.

Also thirty plus years of trogging about in ill fitting boots means the sole of that foot is incredibly (and I mean extraordinarily) thick.

And due to the odd shape of my feet (let's say it was an industrial threshing accident) and years of wearing supported arch inserts means that both feet are more or less identically shaped around the ankle,but I mainly have shorter toes

GTE

OP sabostar 07 Aug 2023
In reply to G. Tiger, Esq.:

Wow - that sounds tough!

I typically find the main problem being boots that are too short and bash my big toe or boots that are too long and have too much volume making the rocking over motion very awkward

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...