UKC

Snowboard instructor in Andorra

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hooo 02 Nov 2023

Anyone got one they can recommend, for a very picky customer?

I'm taking my teenage daughter to Andorra in February and she wants to snowboard. We tried this two years ago and it was a bit of a disaster. She's autistic with ADHD. Last time I'd booked her private lessons, but after the first one she refused to go again. She'll go with me, but I'm a skiier and very much a novice snowboarder, so I'm not capable of teaching her. My plan this time is to book private lessons for the both of us together. I think the right teacher could make all the difference, so I really want to get this one right.

spragglerocks 03 Nov 2023
In reply to Hooo:

I can't recommend an instructor but how about a different approach. Might be worth trying some lessons at one of the indoor snow domes and try to get to the standard where she can get down the slope. That way when you're on holiday you can enjoy getting round the resort rather than worrying so much about lessons.

This is how I learned to snowboard and it meant I had a great time on my first holiday.

Just an idea.

OP Hooo 03 Nov 2023
In reply to spragglerocks:

I am considering that too. It's a bit of a trek to the nearest indoor snow though. We have tried dry slope, but, well if you've been on a dry slope you'll know...

Pinch'a'salt 04 Nov 2023
In reply to Hooo:

I would suggest you get in touch with Ash Newnes - he is based in Arinsal in the winter (and has been for donkeys years). https://www.snowboardcoach.co.uk/

He has been a BASI Trainer for a long time and should be able to advise you if he can't help directly.

Post edited at 09:23
OP Hooo 04 Nov 2023
In reply to Pinch'a'salt:

Thanks, I've sent them a message.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...