UKC

Approach shoes for short, wide feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bpmclimb 10 Nov 2023

After yet another fruitless visit to a shop to try on various makes/models of approach shoes, only to find they're all too long and narrow for my feet, I think some more research is needed!

Any recommendations? Thanks.

Harry Jarvis 10 Nov 2023
In reply to bpmclimb:

Have you tried Oboz shoes? They tend to be a bit wider than many brands. Unfortunately, they can be quite hard to find. 

https://obozfootwear.com/en-gb

Post edited at 12:13
 AlanLittle 10 Nov 2023
In reply to bpmclimb:

Sportiva TX4's are a common recommendation for wider feet - they're certainly the only Sportiva ones I've tried that haven't been unwearably narrow.

Jon Greengrass 10 Nov 2023
In reply to bpmclimb:

Vivobarefoot Primus Trail FG

laughitup 10 Nov 2023
In reply to AlanLittle:

+1 for TX4s. Suit my broad toe shape like a glove. I fit scarpa instincts/old sportiva katanas for rock shoe shape comparison. 

Dave Wills 10 Nov 2023
In reply to bpmclimb:

I have pretty wide feet and can't fit sportives but Scarpa Mescalitos fit me well. Only issue is that they're only available in whole sizes in the UK

HB1 10 Nov 2023

Add another plus 1 for the TX4s

critter 10 Nov 2023
In reply to bpmclimb:

Ditto for Sportiva TX4.

Also recommend Aku Rock, though not cheap and limited UK stockists.

Babika 11 Nov 2023
In reply to bpmclimb:

Another vote for Oboz. My pair are nearly 4 years old, been worn extensively on rough ground and still going strong. Only downside they're not very grippy for scrambling particularly in wet stuff

wbo2 11 Nov 2023
In reply to bpmclimb: How approach shoe like do they need to be ?- Scarpa Ribelle Runs area very wide in the forefoot

GrahamD 11 Nov 2023
In reply to bpmclimb:

Merell Moabs seem to work OK for my hobbit feet.  I wear them pretty much all the time.

OP bpmclimb 30 Nov 2023
In reply to all:

Thanks for the replies. I tried some TX4s recently, and they were nearly a good fit - just a little too long compared to the width, which meant some minor heel slip.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...