UKC

Chamonix campsite with pool

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shoulders 01 Jan 2024

Does anyone know of a campsite with a pool in the Chamonix area? Looking to book a holiday with the kids in that general area for this July but there seems to be nothing. I'm thinking of something like a Sandaya or lLac Bleu at Annecy. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mark Haward 02 Jan 2024
In reply to shoulders:

I don't know of a campsite with a pool, however there is a public swimming pool in Chamonix

rsc 02 Jan 2024
In reply to shoulders:

Depends what you mean by the Chamonix area… A good hour’s drive away but in a much lovelier valley is:

https://www.camping-molignon.ch/en/

A family friendly campsite with its own small pool and pizza restaurant.

Wee Davie 02 Jan 2024
In reply to shoulders:

If you're a guy don't forget your Peter Stringfellow budgie smugglers- shorts not tolerated in the Chamonix Plage. 

Ian Carr 02 Jan 2024
In reply to shoulders: Nearest campsite with swimming I can think of is Les Contamines Montjoie. Camping le Pentet. Has an open air swimming lake and lots of other stuff for kids. About 40 mins from Chamonix.

The big lake at Passy 20 mins from Chamonix is a big attraction with all kind of activities for kids, swimming, boats, bike tracks, etc.

Also Samoens campsite has an open air lake. 50 mins from Chamonix. 

There are lots of public / municipal open air pools in most of the mountain resorts, for example Les Carroz, two pools, slides, chips, etc.

OP shoulders 03 Jan 2024
In reply to rsc:

Thanks very much for the info  It fits the bill perfectly but I'd prefer France to Switzerland  due to cost. Not much else out there though. 

OP shoulders 03 Jan 2024
In reply to Ian Carr:

Les Contamines looks good. Do you know if you can access the lake for free from the campsite?

Ian Carr 03 Jan 2024
In reply to shoulders:

Sorry, don’t know.

Sealwife 03 Jan 2024
In reply to shoulders:

I don’t know whether the lake is free for campsite users, but when my family and I camped down the road at St Gervais a few years back you could buy a leisure pass which entitled you to use any of the valley chairlifts, the swimming lake at Les Contamine, some (but not all) of the leisure activities at the park there, the crazy golf, swimming pool and ice-rink at St Gervais and probably some other things we didn’t explore.  Can’t remember how much the passes were but it can’t have been very expensive as we were a family of five and thought they were very good value.

There is also an absolutely lovely biome pool at Combloux (not included in pass), which uses reeds etc to keep the water fresh instead of chlorine.

Seymore Butt 03 Jan 2024
In reply to shoulders:

Have stayed at Camping Serraz in Doussard near lake Annecy a couple of times. Excellent site with large pool, bar and restaurant. Not far from Cham. and near to lake if you fancy a cooler dip. Loads to do,biking,climbing,parapenting and a beautiful area as well. Youll probably need to book in high season tho.

Dogwatch 04 Jan 2024
In reply to Seymore Butt:

Doussard is a lovely spot but a 90 minute drive to Chamonix. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...