UKC

Scarpa Maestrale failure

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Raitt 03 Jan 2024

My approx 5 year old orange and black Scarpa Mastrales have cracked by the toe. They are not the batch that had the recall a few years ago. 
I’m disappointed because they are great boots and comfortable and they have only done about 15 weeks skiing maximum.  
No longer in warranty so I can’t exchange them.  Anyone else had this problem? 

MG 03 Jan 2024
In reply to James Raitt:

No but a bit concerning as I have (I thought) a lifetime's supply.  Does it look like the material going brittle or due to wear in some way?

Luke Davies Global Crag Moderator 03 Jan 2024
In reply to James Raitt:

Had mine crack by the toe in 2022 and took them back to the shop I bought them at and they sent them back to Scarpa who replaced the shell - didn’t need to show anything. I believe it is a known fault. Mine were 3.5 years old at the time.

Post edited at 18:51
 Garethza 03 Jan 2024
In reply to Luke Davies:

Which model did you have? I have a pair of similar age so would be good to know just in case! 

In reply to James Raitt:

I bought some orange ones direct from Scarpa in 2019. I opened the box and found one of the boots was cracked over the toe, the boots had been used. Clearly either someone pulled a flanker on Scarpa by sending them back "unused" or Scarpa inadvertently sent me a pair that had been sent back under warranty.

OP James Raitt 21 Feb 2024
In reply to James Raitt:

Just an update on this.  I sent the cracked boots back to Scarpa who without argument replaced them with a new pair.  Fabulous customer service! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...