UKC

Advice for staying in Hampi India next month ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mcb 07 Jan 2024

Hello.. My partner and I are off to Hampi in February. Probably going to stay there a couple of weeks at least. I’ve got the first couple of nights booked at a home stay but you do pay more for booking online. I’m wondering if anyone had been in the past couple of years ? I know the main places climbers stayed were bulldozed! a few years ago. Will it not be a lot cheaper to just get somewhere/walk in when we are there for the remainder of our time ? Or is around £20 a night genuinely the going rate ? As this is the cheapest I’m finding through Booking.com etc  I was thinking it would be a lot less once we are there. Any advice really appreciated. Thank you… 

Hampi

Cheese Monkey 07 Jan 2024
In reply to mcb:

Booking.com charge fees which hosts rightly stick on to the price. You end up paying for the convenience. Always cheaper booking direct, but it is more hassle. If India is still the India I knew 12 years ago I very much doubt you will struggle to find alternative accommodation when you arrive. Don't forget to haggle

jack_44 08 Jan 2024
In reply to mcb:

I'm going shortly, I have booked ahead at a place called Gowri, seems in an ok location for accessing boulders. Pricier than I had hoped, but was trying to be time efficient. 

I can re-comment in a couple of weeks to let you know how it seems in general.

OP mcb 11 Jan 2024
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I think Booking.com is making everywhere become more expensive these days. I’m sure we’ll find something cheaper once we’re there too. Thanks 

OP mcb 11 Jan 2024
In reply to jack_44:

Hi Jack. That’s great. Yes please. We’re staying in Sanapur at a basic campground fir a few nights already booked. Then hoping to either stay on there for less or move to another place in the area for another week. Let us know how you get on if you can. Thank you. 

wondershane 12 Jan 2024
In reply to mcb:

You can find some cheaper options, such as homestays, Dorm, ranging from  £15 to £30.

jack_44 14 Jan 2024
In reply to mcb:

There seems plenty of guesthouses in and around Samapur,  the one im in doesn't seem to be particularly full. You'll have no bother finding somewhere after your couple of days already booked.

An additional note that might be a bit different to when you were last here, as the accommodation is all spread out, a scooter might come in handy.

dhruv2603 15 Jan 2024
In reply to mcb:

The best option to stay is the (new) Goan Corner. Sharmilla (the owner) has been in Hampi for years and is very hospitable and knows the ins and outs. You will also end up meeting a bunch of other climbers there. Drop them a line on whatsapp and take it from there is my advice. 

Here's a link for you to follow: https://www.instagram.com/thegoancorner/

Had a bunch of friends staying over in December and January. These are regulars who go every winter. This season's classic lines were Aeroplane and Cosmic Arete! 

jack_44 16 Jan 2024
In reply to mcb:

Wanderlust in Hanumanahalli (just North lf the river) seems to be a place where lots of climbers are, can walk from there across the river to the island boulders easily. 

OP mcb 16 Jan 2024
In reply to jack_44:

Thanks for this Jack really good to know! I hope you’re having a great time  ! 

OP mcb 16 Jan 2024
In reply to dhruv2603:

Hey that’s really good to know ! I’ve been trying to contact them via fb but have had no joy. I’ll try the Instagram link. Do you think I’ll need to book a ahead for Feb ? And do you know what the prices are fit double rooms at all ?thanks again for your help. I was hoping to find the new place but wasn’t even sure if it existed ! 

OP mcb 16 Jan 2024
In reply to jack_44:

Thanks again Jack. Really helpful of you. 👍🏼

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...