UKC

Resoling winter B1 mountain boots.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wooj 19 Jan 2024

Hello there!

After taking my boots off after a snowy walk yesterday I noticed that the rand had come away on the side of one of my boots. Looking further the sole seems to be peeling away too and there’s cracking damage running round the heel too. Similar on the other boot. Now I love my boots and they fit perfect. They are a leather Gortex lined B1 Berghaus boot. I do not want to bin them.
Are there any companies out there that anyone can recommend that will resole them?

The actual sole isn’t even that worn. Just coming away. 

many thanks in advance. 
wooj 

Rampart 19 Jan 2024
In reply to Wooj:

Feet First, Lancashire Sport Repair, Cheshire Shoe Repair, for starters. 

Alternatively, depending on brand, it might be worth doing them with the manufacturer directly.

sdw7300 19 Jan 2024
In reply to Wooj:

Berghaus actually repair a fair amount of their own kit either for free or for a fee. Take a look here https://www.berghaus.com/repairs.list?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2KitBh... 

Fiona Reid 19 Jan 2024
In reply to Wooj:

Maybe try your local cobbler and see if they can reglue the soles? I had the same thing happen to my Meindl boots and the local Timpsons glued both soles back on for a few quid. They have done another 20 hills since that without issue.

steveriley 19 Jan 2024
In reply to Wooj:

I had a pair separating, similarly well loved pair. Tried gluing myself with some wonder glue off Amazon, didn't work at all. Took them to Cheshire Shoe Repairs to ask whilst I was having some rock shoes resoled. They turned the business down saying it wouldn't last, which I guess is to their credit.

CurlyStevo 19 Jan 2024
In reply to Wooj:

feet first are excelent for boots

OP Wooj 20 Jan 2024

Hey guys. Thankyou for those recommendations. I’ll try berghaus themselves first then one of the others if they can’t repair them. 
I didn’t know berghaus has a repair team! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...