UKC

Scarpa Phantom Tech zipper replacement

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CacCarnBeag 07 Mar 2024

Looking for some advice!

I have a Scarpa Phantom tech (2019/2020 version) which needs a full zipper replacement - that is the zipper on the integral gaiter.

Does anybody know where/if I can get this repair done within the UK?

Cheers!

spenser 07 Mar 2024
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

I'd probably have a look at Lancashire Sports Repairs:

https://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/mountaineering-boot-resoles/

Kimberley 07 Mar 2024
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

just get in touch with Mountain Boot Company the Scarpa uk agent.

Post edited at 21:23
 rogerwebb 07 Mar 2024
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

I have had the same problem. I am in the process of sending mine to The Mountain Boot Company in Newcastle. They seem to be optimistic about the outcome. 

In reply to rogerwebb:

I know of at least 3 people who have received new boots from Mountain Boot Co, broken zips. I have another friend, less successful, you should speak with the Bird.....

Stuart 

OP CacCarnBeag 08 Mar 2024
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

Many Thanks Roger and Stuart - Mountain Boot Company sounds like my first port of call.

LucaC 08 Mar 2024
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

I also returned mine to MBC for replacement after the zip pull snapped off. They had to go back to Scarpa and took about 2 months to be returned. 

rogerwebb 08 Mar 2024
In reply to LucaC:

> I also returned mine to MBC for replacement after the zip pull snapped off. They had to go back to Scarpa and took about 2 months to be returned. 

That's not so good. I shall have hope that the remains of my butter soled Arctyrex boots last the rest of the winter.

Thanks for the warning.

OP CacCarnBeag 13 Mar 2024
In reply to LucaC:

Thanks for the heads-up.

Thankfully the boot can still be used with the zip undone - I found the crampon strap keeps things relatively closed - not ideal though.

DaveHK 13 Mar 2024
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

> Thankfully the boot can still be used with the zip undone - I found the crampon strap keeps things relatively closed - not ideal though.

Use gaiters until you can get it fixed.

Hard Hawk 13 Mar 2024
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

Try contacting Scarpa - I had a pair of 2021 Phantoms that broke on the zipper last season, sent them an email last summer asking if I could pay to have them repaired and full credit to them even though the boots were outside warranty period and I had no proof of purchase they sent me a return label saying they'd look and 7 days later a brand new (updated version) pair of boots arrived at no cost. Cannot fault Scarpa for their customer service 10/10

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...