UKC

GEAR NEWS: OCÚN Twist Tech Eco: The First Eco-Friendly Harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 11 Mar 2024

Experience the ultimate in comfort and versatility with our sustainable climbing harness. Made from recycled materials, this versatile harness allows you to climb with confidence, knowing you're doing your part for the planet. 

Read more

mrphilipoldham 11 Mar 2024
In reply to UKC Gear:

Great news to hear that your harness is saving the planet whilst having flown (probably...) half way across Europe to play on some rocks! 

Graeme Hammond 11 Mar 2024
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

> Great news to hear that your harness is saving the planet whilst having flown (probably...) half way across Europe to play on some rocks! 

I thought this was a step in the right direction, in fact most harness are made in the china or other parts of the far east. If you look at the most commonly sold British brand harness models they are also made in the EU.

I would have thought the number of people flying around the world the escape the British weather to climb was more of a problem?

Post edited at 15:18
In reply to UKC Gear:

I am surprised they didn't go the whole hog and claim the harness as organic. Long chain hydrocarbons being organic chemicals.

Green stickers, the new snake oil.

mrphilipoldham 13 Mar 2024
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

I was being tongue in cheek on the whole, though it'd be interesting to find out just where total carbon footprints add up in our climbing exploits. How much does your harness produce compared to your cam, to your trip to a local crag, to a trip to the mountains or indeed a foreign trip - even UKC has a footprint, how much do our logbooks create? I remember reading once that twitter used as much energy as the entire city of Frankfurt. I wonder if UKC is equivalent to maybe a Hathersage or Llanberis? I wonder if any climbing journo would be interesting in producing such a piece?

In the interests of transparency I do own some Adidas clothing produced using recycled materials, but only because they were bargain sample units from the outlet at Stockport. The quality is still really good, wouldn't be able to tell the difference

Post edited at 11:33

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...