UKC

The Nuts Museum is on Instagram!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 nutstory 24 Mar 2024

I live in Corsica where I worked as a photographer. I have also been a collector of climbing equipment for many years now, specializing in nuts and cams. I founded and have been running the Nuts Museum, here in Ajaccio for over 30 years. In April 2022 I opened an Instagram account for the Nuts Museum in order to share a little more my passion for these clever tools and their history with the climbing community.

https://www.instagram.com/thenutsmuseum/?hl=fr 

I am sure that all the information and documents posted on this Intagram will delight many of you.

With best wishes from Corsica,

SP

Post edited at 11:07
 Rampart 24 Mar 2024
In reply to nutstory:

Nicely complements a trip to Reykjavik:

https://www.phallus.is/

Lankyman 24 Mar 2024
In reply to Rampart:

> Nicely complements a trip to Reykjavik:

You don't need to go all the way to Reykjavik. I'm on Arran and have just read in a brochure that there's a Dick Institute in Kilmarnock.

65 24 Mar 2024
In reply to Lankyman:

We have The Royal Dick in Edinburgh. The old building in town is now a great venue and bar and the newer research institute out of town is where a certain Jasmin Paris works.

Dutton 27 Mar 2024
In reply to nutstory:

Shenanigans! I clicked on the museum Instagram account excitingly expecting to be greeted by some pleasant old images of climbing nuts, when to my dismay it's all pictures of old cams and various people with and without beards. The first picture of what could be considered a nut is actually several scrolls down the page, a situation which has left my finger feeling tired and eyes somewhat strained.

65 27 Mar 2024
In reply to nutstory:

I've been following you on Instagram for a while. I note that a few days ago you posted a photo of Jim Ballard. I'd strongly recommend that you read "Regions of the Heart" by Ed Douglas and David Rose.

Post edited at 08:25
 Ramon Marin 27 Mar 2024
In reply to nutstory:

This is so good! I went down the rabbit hole, there's so much info there, great work. 

OP nutstory 28 Mar 2024
In reply to 65:

Thank you very much for this information. I don't know this book but I believe that, unfortunately, my poor English would not allow me to read and understand such a book. I try to post, when possible, a photo of each inventor or manufacturer of nuts and protection devices, whatever the personal history of the character...

myrddinmuse 28 Mar 2024
In reply to nutstory:

I adore this instagram account, can't recommend it enough. Amazing work.

OP nutstory 28 Mar 2024
In reply to Dutton:

Bonjour Dutton,

It's so hard to please everyone... I do my best to post nice pictures of rare or common nuts and protection devices, as well as good stories, in chronological order. I'm sorry this work bored you.

Best wishes from Corsica.

Post edited at 16:50
 French Erick 29 Mar 2024
In reply to nutstory:

Classic passive aggressive answer! You Sir, may have cracked a cultural barrier. British culture is choke full of snide comments. One has to be fully equipped to deal with all forms of “craic”. A MOAC #4 may well be the last resort when things have gone to the limit… when it’s down to the wire!

I don’t own any btw!

In reply to nutstory:

Would you be interested in a metolious supercam? I've got one collecting dust and a museum would be a good place for it. 

OP nutstory 29 Mar 2024
In reply to Alasdair Fulton:

Bonjour Alasdair Fulton, thank you for your kind proposal. I managed to put together a complete set of Metolius Supercams. In future posts, you will also discover John Fields' impressive prototypes... "Wait & see" as British say...

65 29 Mar 2024
In reply to nutstory:

Are you aware of Mick Tighe’s gear museum in Scotland? Mick is a great character and I think you’d find it interesting.

http://www.smhc.co.uk/

OP nutstory 29 Mar 2024
In reply to 65:

Bonjour 65, oh yes, Mick and I have been in touch for years. He generously sent me some treasures in the past. For my part, when possible, from time to time, I help him identify unknown nuts or cams.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...