UKC

To 'bleau or not to 'bleau... ( Easter)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TheGeneralist 25 Mar 2024

What's the view on the forecast for Easter?  It looks a bit shabby, but nowhere near as bad as various previous trips.  The missus is having serious second thoughts.

Obviously we've been spoiled the last decade or so with generally excellent weather, but I can well recall the bad old days of torrential downpours from 6pm till noon every single day.

I think we've only had 3 days in almost 40 trips where it wasn't possible to climb at all ( 2 of them spent skiing in Tignes instead!) But we're older and nesher these days and C really BA with the endless sitting around and cafe hopping 

Anyway, tell me your view  

HeMa 25 Mar 2024
In reply to TheGeneralist:

I was just looking at next weeks weather… skiing Pow in Alps or Pyrenees seems like a better option than soggy ’bleau.

OP TheGeneralist 25 Mar 2024
In reply to HeMa:

Agreed, but she only had 2 days leave so skiing wasn't an option. ( or at least southerly skiing isn't an option)

Edit to clarify that the Tignes diversion was with mates and 17 years ago when we all had more driving stamina. Not going to happen this week.

Post edited at 19:57
 Adrien 25 Mar 2024
In reply to TheGeneralist:

There really is no way of knowing in advance, you just have to accept that it’s a gamble, it can go either way. Also consider the fact that if the weather is indeed dodgy, you won’t be the only one looking for dry rock, it’s getting very busy here! Bleau météo is not super optimistic: https://m.facebook.com/people/Bleau-Météo/100055389702633/

For reference the past few months have been absolutely miserable, worst winter in a while!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...