UKC

Rope on fly wall, wintours.

nikoid 04 May 2024

Hanging down fly wall on its lonesome. Looks like someone was shunting. I'll leave it in place unless I hear back from someone before I leave at tea time.

Cheese Monkey 04 May 2024
In reply to nikoid:

Possibly from some of the nutters who think the base is approached by abseil

In reply to nikoid:

Maybe a cleaning,peg replacing work rope? If its not in your way why mess with it? It must be there for a good reason.

Cheese Monkey 06 May 2024
In reply to freelunchprovider:

Abandoned gear should be removed at the first opportunity and nothing should be left in-situ unless absolutely necessary.

OP nikoid 07 May 2024
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

To finish the story - I did pull it up as it was affecting routes, Killer Bee and Mosqito bite (somebody later got on Mosquito bite).

As I was leaving at about 5 o clock I noticed the rope was back in place with somebody jugging up it. All a bit odd but there you are.

Dave Cundy 07 May 2024
In reply to nikoid:

I was there a week or two ago and there was a guy there 'teaching himself to climb trad'.  He said he climbed f7b.  He was on his tod, so was top-roping various routes.  He knew the route names (from UKC)  but didn't know where they were as he didn't have a guidebook.  I presume he is not aware of our outdoor ethics, so I'd just leave his rope alone (if it's the same guy)

Loading Notifications...