UKC

BMC Alpine Conville course

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ken 28 May 2001
Is anyone on the Alpine Conville course this Summer (the Course A or B - June 24-28)? Im on the 'A 'course and am wondering if anyone's on the same course as I am.

Cheers

Ken
Lucy 30 May 2001
In reply to Ken:
Hi Ken,
I just heard today, I'm on the A course too. How are you planning on getting down there?
Lucy.
OP jenny 31 May 2001
Anyone on D?
Chris M 31 May 2001
In reply to jenny:

I'm on G.
adi 31 May 2001
In reply to Chris M:

I applied but have not yet heard back, could it be due to the post strike, or I am just not good enough???
Lucy 31 May 2001
In reply to adi:
I only got my response yesterday, perhaps you should give them a call, because the deadline for confirming your place after it's been offered is monday, so they are cutting it a bit fine!
GAZ 31 May 2001
In reply to jenny:

Yes me, I'm on D!!
Where are you from?
OP Jenny 01 Jun 2001
I'm at Cardiff Uni at the mo - where are you going from
Mark 02 Jun 2001
In reply to jenny:

The trio is now complete, i'm on D too!
I'm prob getting the coach from london? unless i can find a better way.
GAZ 02 Jun 2001
In reply to Jenny (and Mark):

At Liverpool Uni at the moment, but live in Staffordshire. Will be arriving by train from Bolzano having just cycled the length of Italy (well...thats the plan anyway!).
How many people on each course anyway - I know it's 3 people per guide, but I imagine there are quite a few guides too!
Jenny 04 Jun 2001
In reply to GAZ: (and Mark)

When are you guys arriving or staying until - haven't had chance to look into transport yet as am still in the middle of exams. Also have to move house on the 1st - how convenient!

Jenny
GAZ 04 Jun 2001
In reply to Jenny:

Arriving on 1st July, staying till 24th when I have a flight booked from Geneva to Liverpool with Easyjet.
SteveB 12 Jun 2001
I'm on the C course (1-3 July)
planning on camping at argentiere - not sure which campsite. Going out on the bus - easyjet is a bit expensive for when I want to travel.
Rob 13 Jun 2001
In reply to Ken:
Hi I'm on course F 11-13th July, planning to do Mt Blanc via Mt Maudit after the course with a mate, but we'd like someone extra to make a rope of 3.
stu 13 Jun 2001
In reply to chris m:

i'm on G...planning to get the bus from london.
how long are u stayinng out there ?

S.
Lucy 04 Jul 2001
In reply to everyone:
Hi just got back- had an amazing time. The best bet is to stay in Les Chosalets campsite where the course sarts, though its a bit of a pain to get to.
Have fun! Oh and make sure you sleep well after the first day, cos there isn't any way you'll get any sleep in the Albert Premier hut....
Jenny 05 Jul 2001
In reply to Lucy:

Why is it a pain to get to?
And how do you get to it.
Where did you fly to?

Lucy 05 Jul 2001
In reply to Jenny:
I drove! It wasn't a pain at all. Stopped off for the night at my mate's in Dijon and got really drunk.....

I understand that for those that didn't drive, it invloved a flight to Geneva, followed by a bus/ taxi to Cham, followed by a bus/taxi to Les Chosalets, which is a few K on the Chamonix side of Argentiere.
Lucy 05 Jul 2001
In reply to Lucy:
Almost forgot, or you can get a bus to Chamonix, which is 18 hours of pain, but the cheapest option.
OP Graham 06 Jul 2001
In reply to Lucy:
Best bet, if you're flying to Geneva, is to get an airport transfer. This is loads more convenient than getting a train (which takes ages, isn't cheap and means you have to get from the airport to the train station) and only slightly more expensive. There area few people based inCham offering this sort of service. Try Andy Cleaver (Airport Transfer Services) on 0033 45 05 36 397. You'll need to book this in advance though...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...