UKC

Outdoor Designs - Race Raider Tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
TC 27 Jun 2004
Is anybody using this tent?

I had a bit of a fondle in field & treck - seems very light & has that gore-tex ooooh factor, it looks kinda 'snug' for 2 people tho.

Basically is it a practical overnighter? Do the walls get wet through the night? Will i feel ripped off? Is it wrong to own a Macpac Hemisphere, Minaret & potentially Race raider? Do I have a problem?
jim keeley 27 Jun 2004
In reply to TC: They are supposed to be very good, but from what I've heard they are better for very cold cond being gore tex-there will be some moisture but nothings perfect. I had a look at one once, I think the wieght would more than make up for the moisture and it's four season as well innit?
jeffbreen 29 Jun 2004
In reply to jim keeley:
Got one.
Slept out fully zipped up in temp down to 0 degrees C , bag was drenched. I have since slept out (down to 5 degrees C )with the door open and the mesh up this has reduced the condensation considerably. This seems equivalent to sleeping with your head outside of a normal bivi bag to reduce condensation.
Its well built with a good groundsheet, front pole held in with velcro which I do not like, otherwise its ok.
Comfy for one (can even cook in it) but snug for two.
The jury is still out as to condensation though. Anybody else had an experience with one?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...