UKC

gorges du tarn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
sarajane 09 Aug 2004
anyone been/? whats it like? i climb around F7A - many routes at the grade/ nd would oct be a good time to go? thanks a mill!
 John2 09 Aug 2004
In reply to sarajane: I climb in the F6 grades and was a bit disappointed with the climbs at those grades. The really big lines start at F7A, so you should have a good time there. I imagine the temperature would be OK in October, but it will be quiet - we were there in late September and there were no eating places still open in the village closest to the climbing. Quite a few climbers about though.

GrahamD 09 Aug 2004
In reply to sarajane:

As John says, it seems a bit limited for easier grades. I was there in July/August on a family holiday and there were plenty of climbers out in the evening. I had a pig of a job finding a guidebook (I eventually got one from the large town at the bottom of the gorge) but other posters on other threads have said they got them from bars locally.

The harder (f7/8) climbing looked very good !
Neal Carroll 09 Aug 2004
In reply to sarajane:

I think 7a / 7a+ could be the grades of the area. Certainly go to Tresor d' Zebre (sp.?), and the crag just down from Planette Causse...an entire wall of 30 meter juggy 7a's.

The 7a+ Planette Causse is a must for a proj, as is any 7b on that wall...I'll go home and look at the guide for the names of the cliffs...can't remember, but some are much better than others.

If you have a car and don't want to camp, stay at Gite Les Fluerines...the NICEST people take care of it, beautiful spot, super cuisine...

climbing in OCT should be good as there is always sun/shade.

Can you tell I like it there?

N
 John2 09 Aug 2004
In reply to sarajane: P.S. Assuming it's still open in October, the Camping Beldoire is run by a very friendly expatriate Englishman. He'll provide any information you need.
Neal Carroll 09 Aug 2004
In reply to John2:

Peter is a drunken sod, that gloms on to anyone who will buy him a drink...

better camping up the road one (can't remember the name, but it also begins with a B) from there you can walk to the crags...
sarajane 10 Aug 2004
In reply to sarajane:
thanks for the info. sounds great. so where can i get the guidebook??
 Nj 10 Aug 2004
In reply to sarajane: If you climb 7a you will have a blast, it is a great spot and the routes are good.
Guide can be bought in the gorge at a Tabac.
Have fun...
 Fraser 10 Aug 2004
In reply to sarajane:

There was an article in the French mag 'Grimper' recently.
If you speak French or can get it translated, I can e-mail you a PDF copy if you wish.

F

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...