|Marmot Ellsworth Jacket
£160.00, added Jan/2010, see all Marmot news & reviews
announcement by Marmot
This announcement has been read 5,036 times
Scottish winter belays are no place to select the wrong choice of insulated jacket to use. Any winter belay is normally going to take at least an hour while the leader does battle and during that time you will have probably been exposed to rain, sleet, snow and spindrift to name a few.
Reviews for Marmot gear:
News from Marmot:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
Marmot Ellsworth Jacket Marmot, Oct 2009© Marmot UK
Keeping warm is the name of the game in situations such as these and Marmot's Ellsworth jacket offers an excellent balance of warmth verses weight. Slip the Ellsworth on as soon as you hit the belay, synch in the draw cords and prepare for belay duty.
Primaloft® insulation and zonal construction lends durable warmth to this highly wind and water resistant jacket. Plenty of internal and external storage, adjustable cuffs and hem, plus a moisture wicking DriClime® chin guard all add up to an essential outer layer for winter excursions.
Ellsworth Jacket details:
- Weight: 539 g
- Main Material: 100% Nylon Ripstop DWR 0.8 oz/yd
- Insulation Material: Primaloft® Sport
- Sizes: Small - Xlarge
- Colour: Beluga/Gargoyle
Keeping warm in the Ellsworth Jacket
Marmot, Oct 2009
© Marmot UK
- Ultra Light 15 Denier Fabric
- Primaloft® Insulation Patented Synthetic Down, Produces the Closest Synthetic to Down in Terms of Structure, Warmth and Feel. The Only Insulation That Treats Each Fiber with a Permanent Water-Repellant Finish. Twice as Warm for its Thickness Than Other Insulation
- Attached Adjustable Hood Reduces Volume and is Secured with a Velcro Hood Tab
- Napoleon Zippered Chest Pocket
- Zippered Handwarmer Pockets Soft Fabric to Warm Hands
- Inside Zip Stuff Sack Pocket Allows You to Stuff the Whole Thing in its Own Pocket
- Internal Mesh Storage Pocket
- Adjustable Velcro®/Elastic Cuffs Combination of Velcro and Elastic for Comfort and Adjustability
- Reflective Logos
- DriClime® Lined Chin Guard Moisture Wicking Fabric Protects Your Face From the Zipper
- Elastic Draw Cord Hem For Adjustability in Serious Weather
- Angel-Wing Movement™ Allows Full Range of Motion in Arms so Jacket Doesn't Ride Up
- Updated Design
PrimaLoft® Sport is the perfect combination of high performance insulation and value.
This technology combines ultra-fine and multi-diameter fibers for specific performance characteristics. The specially treated ultra-fine fibers help to form a water resistant insulating structure, while the multi-diameter fibers help to build loft.
If your idea of a great winter weekend takes you outside into the great outdoors, PrimaLoft Sport helps you feel at home and well insulated even if the weather turns wet.
The Ellsworth Jacket is available from the following UK Retailers:
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com