|Mammut Monolith GTX Mountain Boot
£195, added Apr/2010, see all Mammut news & reviews
announcement by Mammut
This announcement has been read 5,913 times
This light, crampon-compatible alpine and trekking boot offers an advanced level of comfort. Fashioned from abrasion-resistant velour leather and Dropstop textile, the Monolith GTX is both flexible and benefits from strong lateral support thanks to the Mammut® Motion Control technology. The cushioning Hybrid Shell provides support exactly where it's needed. The asymmetric lacing adapts to the anatomy of the foot and boosts the pressure on the big toe for precision footwork. Rounding out this full-featured boot are a waterproof Gore-Tex® Performance Comfort Footwear membrane, a high-grip Climbing Zone-endowed vibram® Mulaz sole and a fully adjustable 3-zone lacing system.
Reviews for Mammut gear:
News from Mammut:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
- Board lasted
- 3 Zone lacing
- Asymmetric lacing
- Constructed from a blend of supple inner and tough outer materials, the boot is hard only where necessary and can be designed to fit the foot for enhanced comfort.
- Base Fit®
- Patented Mammut® technology delivers exceptional power transfer from the lacing section to the sole. The concept is based on free-sliding bands that are anchored to the insole. This results in enhanced safety and freedom from blisters, since the foot cannot slip around inside the boot.
- Motion Control®
- Patented Mammut® technology: an anatomically shaped heel cap which prevents the foot from twisting outwards by means of a reinforced interior. Handling – semi-visible or fully integrated.
- Mammut® SC Footbed
- This system is based on the three functionalities of support, damping and climate control. Different footbeds accentuate different functionalities – up to two at the same time. The footbed used depends on the main activity for which the boot is designed.
- Strap-on crampons compatible
- Multifunctional backpacking and mountaineering sole with permanent anti-slip tread. The climbing zone at the tip supports friction climbing to a certain extent.
- Sole Footwear: Vibram® Mulaz
- Fabric leather 1: Velours Leather
- Fabric textile: Textile
- Lining: GORE-TEX® Performance Comfort Footwear
- Weight: 1585g Size UK 8.5
- Sizes: 6-13 and available in half sizes
- Colours: Cadmium-black, Anthracite-black, Golden oak-black
Find one here: www.mammut.ch
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.