The Castle Climbing Centre, one of the busiest climbing walls in Europe, will be opening a new climbing shop on the 1st of August. We're looking for the right person(s) to manage the shop to share our vision for sustainability, commitment to providing excellent customer service and passion for climbing. We offer a very flexible working environment and will consider part-time job shares for this role. This is a very exciting opportunity to be involved in a project from the very beginning and to run a shop with a difference.
More In This Category
Rockcity Head Instructor / Coach 28 Jul 2014
Rockcity Climbing Centre in Hull has just started a £250,000 expansion/refurbishment and is looking for an experienced and... [ full story ]
JOB ALERT: UKClimbing Ltd Assistant Editor 28 Jul 2014
UKClimbing Limited is looking for an Assistant Editor to join our small team starting towards the end of 2014. The job is a... [ full story ]
Garment Technologist for Rab 22 Jul 2014
This an exciting opportunity to join a Technical team with a highly successful and fast moving outdoor brand. Rab is one of the... [ full story ]
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time (30 hours a week) Climbing Duty Officer at Surrey Sports Park's Climbing... [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
Your main duties would include:
· Recruitment and managing staff for the shop (with support from our HR department);
· Managing stock for the shop including ordering and supplier relations;
· Basic accounting routines;
· Advertising and promoting the shop;
· Developing an online shop;
· Reporting to the Management Team;
· Contributing to our annual environmental report;
· Three years' experience in the outdoor industry, especially the retail and climbing sectors;
· Proven management experience;
· Good computer skills;
· Commitment to running a sustainable business;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· A passion for climbing.
· Salary on application.
The Castle's Environmental Policy and Annual Environmental Report are available on our website . Please apply by sending a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . The deadline for applications is the 28th of May. Interviews will be held between the 1st and 4th of June. The Castle is an equal opportunity employer.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.