Salary: £25-35K depending on experience
Company: Manchester Climbing Centre
Location: Reading, Berkshire
We are one of the UK's most innovative indoor climbing centre operators. We are currently going through a period of continued growth and are looking for a Manager to manage our new centre in Reading which is due to open in the first week of September, 2010.
Within the position you will be expected to be very hands on and have the flexibility to work evenings/weekends & cover for the duty managers in their absence.
1. To be heavily involved in the recruitment of staff and initial set up and opening of this exciting new project.
2. To enable your new team to meet group standards and financial and operational targets.
3. To oversee all aspects of management and deal with health and safety.
4. To assist the Finance team based at Head Office in achieving the financial and operational objectives of the site.
5. To liaise with other Centre Managers in the group to review and create new Marketing strategies
Key Result Areas
- Operational Planning
- Operational Performance
- Facilities Management
- Health and Safety
- Financial/Commercial Performance
- Human Resource Management & People Development
- To generate revenue and control costs to achieve and exceed profit targets
- To promote the mission, vision, values and culture of the business consistently to the benefit of the Company, its Clients, Customers and Team Members with the aim to expand existing business and promote new growth.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years management experience preferably within the sports or leisure related industry.
You must have a strong knowledge of facilities management and the issues that are pertinent to this. You must have the charisma be a strong leader, motivator and target driven individual liaising with colleagues on all levels.
This is an ideal opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation in it's early stages of growth and be part of it's successful future bringing fresh ideas with you. Some climbing experience is also required for this role.
You will be required to undertake an advanced CRB check if successful.
Excellent staff development programme.
Great newly refurbished premises, with free parking.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the current motivated, dynamic team of Manchester Climbing Centre Group.
Interviews will be held week commencing the 17th & 18th June, 2010.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on this position.
For more information, please contact John Dunne, Manchester Climbing Centre at the below address.
Closing date: 04 Jun 2010
St Benedicts Church
Bennett Street, West Gorton