|Trekking in the Alps Published by Cicerone Press
£17.95, added Apr/2011, see all Cicerone Press news & reviews
announcement by Cicerone Press
This announcement has been read 3,413 times
Reviews for Cicerone Press gear:
News from Cicerone Press:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
Trekking in the Alps is an inspirational guide to 20 summer treks in the Alps covering Italy, Austria, Switzerland, France and Slovenia.
Published by guidebook specialists Cicerone, this beautiful book has been written by 8 Alpine trekking experts. The routes described include classics such as the Tour of Mont Blanc as well as lesser-known routes like the Traverse of the Slovenian Alps, or Tour of Mont Ruan. As you expect to find in a Cicerone guide there are clear overview maps and route profiles, as well as a collection of stunning photographs throughout.
Trekking in the Alps is immensely satisfying. The physical challenge is part of it, but so too is the sense of achievement on gaining a lofty pass that may have taken several hours to reach. Then there are the views, the distant horizon of peaks and ridges that lure you on day after day. There are lakes and waterfalls, meadows full of flowers; marmots that fill the silences with their shrill calls, chamois roaming the high places, ibex too, and the noisy choughs that haunt passes and summits alike.
So whether you have a week to spare, a two-week holiday to fill, or a whole summer free to wander, this book describes some of the very best treks in Europe's premier mountain range. But newcomers beware: trekking is addictive.
More information about this book on the Cicerone Press website.
The treks described in the book are:
Gran Paradiso - the beautiful Lago di Lauson
Cicerone Press, Mar 2011
© Cicerone, Kev Reynolds & Gillian Price
- Trek 1 - Grande Traversata delle Alpi: GTA
- Trek 2 - Tour of the Queyras
- Trek 3 - Tour of the Oisans
- Trek 4 - Tour of the Vanoise
- Trek 5 - Gran Paradiso Alta Via 2
- Trek 6 - Tour of Mont Blanc
- Trek 7 - GR5: Through the French Alps
- Trek 8 - Tour of Mont Ruan
- Trek 9 - The Walker's Haute Route
- Trek 10 - Alpine Pass Route
- Trek 11 - Tour of the Jungfrau Region
- Trek 12 - Tour of the Matterhorn
- Trek 13 - Tour of Monte Rosa
- Trek 14 - Tour of the Rätikon
- Trek 15 - Across the Eastern Alps: E5
- Trek 16 - Stubai High-Level Route
- Trek 17 - Zillertal High-Level Route
- Trek 18 - Dolomites Alta Via 1
- Trek 19 - Dolomites Alta Via 2
- Trek 20 - Julian Alps Traverse
Tour of Mont Blanc - a wonderful balcony trail that leads to CourmayeurCicerone Press, Mar 2011© Cicerone, Kev Reynolds & Gillian Price
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.