Western Mountaineering UltraLite Sleeping Bag£350, added Sep/2012, see all Western Mountaineering news & reviews
announcement by Western Mountaineering
A brief history
Western Mountaineering (WM) was started in 1970 by two Californian mountaineers, whose emphasise on the finest raw materials, meticulous design and unsurpassed workmanship built the foundation of the company. WM have a vast range of down sleeping bags offering at least 3 bag lengths, 2 different zip options, 2 width fittings on key models, and a choice of shell fabrics to suit different conditions. WM down is the very best available and is ethically sourced in Europe. Each batch is tested in Switzerland to ensure it surpasses the EU900 fill power rating, before shipping to the factory in San Jose.
The UltraLite is just one of seven lightweight bags in the ExtremeLite Series, for when volume and weight matters.
- The ExtremeLite fabric allows 450g (16 oz) of EU900+ down to loft an impressive 5" (13 cm).
- The full down collar traps the heat, whilst the full length, 2-way YKK zip gives the option of venting.
- At 820g (1 lbs 13 oz) this bag offers a Comfort Rating of -2°C and a Limit Rating of -9°C.
- Available in 5'6'', 6'0'' and 6'6'' lengths with left (standard) or right zip options.
- It provides 59” (150 cm) of shoulder width and 38” (97 cm) at the foot.
- There is a wider fitting version of this bag called AlpinLite, which is 63” (160 cm) wide across the shoulder and 39” (99 cm) at the foot.
- Available in 5' 6”, 6' and 6' 6” lengths and left/right zip options.
Prices start from: UltraLite: £350; AlpinLite: £390
For more information and a list of UK stockists click the link below. The UK distributor is Beyond Hope: 01457 838 242 or www.beyondhope.com
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.