Wild Country is looking to recruit a Design Engineer to be based in Tideswell, in the heart of the UK's Peak District.The ideal candidate would be an experienced operator of 3D CAD software, ideally Inventor or Solidworks and preferably be an active climber interested in the design of climbing products. They would also have the ability to project manage and work within an R&D system, communicating with colleagues in Europe and the Far East. Experience of solving engineering problems and a track record of delivering R&D projects would be advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world renowned company with a strong heritage of design and innovation within the climbing industry and the creators of industry changing products such as Friends and Rocks. Working within a friendly and knowledgeable team, the successful candidate will have the chance to influence and innovate the design of climbing equipment and to see their product ideas through from paper to store.
A) Product Specification/Maintenance of Drawing System
B) Technical Support for Remote Locations
C) Technical Support of Purchasing
D) Product Development:
• Be an active member of the team providing ideas for new product developments.
• Formalise ideas into fully researched project concepts, including; Market Research, Intellectual Property search, costing, market price, anticipated volumes, etc.
• Develop prototypes in a manner appropriate to the project; design sketches, 3D-Drawings, Rapid Prototypes, working prototypes.
• Conduct Laboratory and Field Testing, gather product design feedback.
• Work together with the Product Manager and QA representative to gain the necessary CE Certification.
• Work together with the Product Manager and QA representative to implement appropriate Quality Assurance controls.
• Work together with the Product Manager to ensure a successful commencement of Production of the new product.
E) Product Design Department:
• Develop and manage the R&D resource in Tideswell.
• Manage product development projects within the relevant Quality Assurance Procedures of our ISO9001:2008 Quality System.
• Manage product development projects within the parameters of agreed budgets and timelines.
• Manage Product Development Meetings to review progress and evaluate project outputs.
Remuneration based on experience.
Applicants please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date 15th September 2012