|THIS WEEKEND: Boulder Breaks At The Climbing Hangar
added Aug/2012, see all Climbing Hangar news & reviews
announcement by Climbing Hangar
This announcement has been read 1,758 times
Boulder Breaks - bouldering and break beats till 4am! Boulder Breaks is the first in a new series of events that combine climbing with stunning food and big music! Click here for tickets.
News from Climbing Hangar:
Related UKC Forum discussions:
In short, the day is three overlapping parts:
1) Competition with cash prizes down to 12th place, £1000 of raffle prizes and a final with a thrilling format.
2) Super fresh global street food BBQ running all day, bar with local beers, slack lining action and film hour.
3) 9.30pm – we convert our lower building into a warehouse club night with 4am license and cutting edge breaks DJ Elite Force taking us into the small house on bass heavy roller coaster with sizzling light effects courtesy of FX team Meat Cassette.
Backdrop: The competition scene is having something of a revival, with Shauna's meteoric rise and Ned making finals in Imst, we have been inspired into embracing the drama and emotion of the competitions once more. We wanted to share this electric feeling with everyone by putting as many people as possible in with a shout of grabbing a prize, rewarding both the best of us and the rest of us. We wanted to see fierce competition. We wanted to have a great viewing spectacle. We wanted to see people having a good time after the climbing was done. We wanted to have spot prizes for participating. We wanted to make an unmissable climbing event. And that is what we have done it:
The Comp: 40 cash prizes & £1000 of kit raffle (Setters Shauna Coxsey, Dave Barrans & Rob Napier)
2 categories: Seniors (16+) & Juniors (15 & under)
- Seniors – 25 blocs, £30 cash prize for the first 12 men and first 12 women to complete their blocs (men V1-9, women V0-6), number of goes is not important!
- Juniors – 20 blocs, £30 cash prize for the first three girls and first three boys to complete their blocs (V0-6)
The five fastest senior men and women proceed to the final to compete for cash prizes: £100/£60/£30/£20/£10 – yes everyone wins something! 4 blocs, 40 minutes, most tops – least goes wins!
N.B. Normal scoring system of Flash= 10/ 2nd go=7/3rd=4/4th+=1 point, applies in the qualifier so we can have an overall ranking table.
If you hand in a scorecard you go into the Cotswold raffle where there are £1000 worth of prizes to give away from down jackets to travel mugs.
Elite Force, leading Break Beats DJ
And this is how the whole day looks:
- 2pm – 5pm: Qualifiers
- 5.00 -6.30: Eat drink and be merry
- 6.30 – 8.00: Finals, award ceremony and raffle
- 8.00 – 9.30pm: Film in the upper building, bar opens
- 9.30: Downstairs re-opens with the seminal BOULDER BREAKS. Mix Offenders Register get us warmed up for the main event
- Midnight – 4am: DJ Elite Force brings us heartbeat altering bass rhythms and Meat Cassette begin the visual spectacular!
- 3am onwards: Taxi rank begins outside to take you where you need to go.
- After 4am you might go home to sleep or find another venue to keep on bopping...
Website for free music:
Soon to become a DJ booth and be a blank slate for video mapping effects Boulder Breaks - bouldering and break beats till 4am
Manchester based SFX company will be transforming the pirate ship into something quite different
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com