Head of Marketing (RAB)added Aug/2013, see all Equip UK news & reviews
announcement by Equip UK
Equip Outdoor Technologies Ltd (owners of Rab and Lowe Alpine) specialise in the design and marketing of technical outdoor equipment. Our experienced and enthusiastic team develop innovative designs, manufactured to the highest standard and brought to market throughout the world.
With our business expanding rapidly into international markets we’re looking for a committed and experienced individual as ‘Head of Marketing’ for the Rab brand in all markets.
The successful candidate will have the ability to think strategically at both a trade and consumer level. You must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with both internal teams and our US and European offices as well as with key retail partners. A minimum of 5 years management experience with a strong international marketing background is essential as you’ll be working with a small team responsible for ensuring all marketing plans are delivered to a high standard and on time.
- Strategically define, create and lead the Rab global brand marketing strategy, and manage the UK and international marketing teams to achieve the defined objectives.
- Devise seasonal marketing plans with suppliers, partners, and customers to increase brand presence both in the UK and internationally
- Responsible for creation and management of Marketing budgets
- Select and manage advertising and media campaigns according to brand strategy and budget
- Create and direct an on-line strategy to build the Rab brand presence through web and social media activity
- Create, manage and track project time lines to ensure deliverables are met
- Establish and maintain agreed brand “tone of voice” online and in print, through copy, imagery and communications
- Commission and manage photographers and video makers for location, studio and expedition content, including art direction, payment and contract rights negotiation.
- Create and direct a working strategy on sponsored athletes, expeditions and events. Nurture and maintain these relationships and ensure that brand values are maintained and projected.
- Generate increased sales through effective in-store merchandising and bespoke graphics for key retailers
- Develop product marketing content and materials (swing tags, etc) in line with brand and product stories, working closely with Sales and Design
- Have overall responsibility for and direction of trade show build, look and logistics in combination with the Lowe Alpine Marketing team
- Develop Group Marketing plans in conjunction with Lowe Alpine
- Identify personal and departmental development/training needs to ensure that the marketing department is up-to-date with new technologies and developments
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- You will ideally be degree educated, ideally with a marketing and communication bias
- At least 5 years management experience in a similar position
- Previous experience of international marketing initiatives
- Experience using the following software; Adobe, Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop
- Holds a full driving licence
- A willingness to work weekends as required (eg: international trade shows)
- Have a passion for the outdoors, with a deep understanding and personal experience of mountaineering, climbing and hillwalking
- Wide knowledge of current best practice in marketing, media and online activities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, committed management team working toward a common goal
- Excellent creative skills and judgement
- Able to work autonomously and take initiatives
- Energetic, resourceful and open to change
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter, clearly detailing salary expectations to Donna Evans, HR Manager.
Email email@example.com or post to:
Equip Outdoor Technologies
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th August 2013.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.