|Area Sales Manager - Lowe Alpine North/Scotland
added Sep/2013, see all Equip UK or Lowe Alpine news & reviews
announcement by manufacturers
This announcement has been read 1,486 times
More In This Category
Rockcity Climbing Centre in Hull has just started a £250,000 expansion/refurbishment and is looking for an experienced and... [ full story ]
UKClimbing Limited is looking for an Assistant Editor to join our small team starting towards the end of 2014. The job is a... [ full story ]
This an exciting opportunity to join a Technical team with a highly successful and fast moving outdoor brand. Rab is one of the... [ full story ]
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time (30 hours a week) Climbing Duty Officer at Surrey Sports Park's Climbing... [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
Area Sales Manager – North of England/Scotland
Lowe Alpine a leading global outdoor clothing and pack brand renowned for innovation and award winning product development. Our equipment is used in the world’s wildest places, where gear failure is not an option. Our experienced and enthusiastic team develop innovative designs, manufactured to the highest standard and brought to market throughout the world.
Are you an experienced Sales Representative looking for your next challenge with a progressive company? Do you have a love for the outdoors and outdoor gear? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking to appoint an Area Sales Manager to cover the North of England/Scotland area. We are looking for a highly competent professional from within the outdoor trade to join our team. Reporting to the Sales Manager the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Be responsible for trade sales to retail customers within the stated territory to agreed seasonal targets.
- Be responsible to building and maintaining great relationships with existing and new retail customers through face to face meetings, telephone and email contact.
- To present seasonal ranges in store, at trade shows or in the Lowe Alpine showroom to gain forward orders.
- To support retailers in season with marketing and staff training initiatives to build relationships and promote product sell-through.
- To liaise between the company and retail customers on payment plans, credit limits and stock order programmes.
- Attendance at regional road shows and international trade shows as required.
- Attendance at regular sales meetings at Head Office in Kendal.
- Regular liaison with the sales office team, marketing team and credit management department.
Competencies, Experience & Qualifications:
- Have a confident and outgoing manner with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Have the ability to assess customer needs and establish good working relationships between the company and the customer, be commercially aware or have an aptitude to rapidly gain this quality
- Have a proven track record of field sales and/or retail sales, preferably 2 years+ experience within the outdoor industry
- Have a clear understanding of technical clothing and equipment and a passion for the outdoor industry. Involvement with an activity such as mountain walking or climbing is an advantage.
- Be organised, articulate, numerate and computer literate
- Have a full UK driving licence and reside within the sales territory (the location would ideally be in the far North of England or in Southern Scotland).
Applicants should apply by sending a CV and covering letter clearly stating salary expectations to Donna Evans, HR Manager. Email email@example.com. This role offers a competitive salary, car, laptop and mobile telephone. The closing date for applications is Monday 23rd September 2013.
Post applications to Donna Evans, HR Manager, Equip Outdoor Technologies, Wimsey Way, Somercotes, Derbyshire, DE55 4LS or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place at the Lowe Alpine Offices in Kendal.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com