EDELRID Zodiac Helmet£50, added Sep/2013, see all Edelrid news & reviews
announcement by Edelrid
The hybrid construction of the Zodiac uses a robust injection moulded ABS shell to provide protection from impact, alongside an expanded polystyrene inner, which absorbs and dissipates shocks. At 359g it is light enough that you won’t notice it during use but strong enough to provide protection from falling debris and contact with the rock face. With this in mind the EPS foam extends towards the rim of the helmet to offer additional protection in the event of the helmet coming into contact with the rock face.
The Zodiac also uses EDELRID’s distinctive Wing-Fit adjustment system, wherein incremental fit adjustments can be made by tightening or loosening the dial situated at the rear of the cradle, allowing for a secure fit that hugs the skull closely whilst remaining comfortable. When in transit the cradle also folds into the shell for easier packing.
The Zodiac is available now from selected retailers with an RRP of £50.
- Robust and impact-resistant injection-moulded ABS shell
- Expanded polystyrene foam inner shell for reliable shock absorption
- Wing-Fit system and rear adjustment dial fits all sizes and guarantees outstanding safety and comfort
- Fully adjustable chinstrap with closure system under the ear for greater comfort
- Large vents ensure a constant supply of fresh air
- Ergonomically shaped interior with removable padding
- Cradle folds into helmet, significantly reducing pack size
- 4 robust head torch clips
- Fits head diameters between 54 - 62cm
- Spare padding included
- Weight: 395g
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.