First Ascent DEAL OF THE MONTH: Black Diamond Venom Ice Axe Pair and Serac CramponsSRP £375 - Offer Price £220, added Oct/2013, see all First Ascent news & reviews
announcement by First Ascent
Save over 40% off SRP with this bundle!
Venom Ice Axes
The ultimate hybrid axe for technical couloirs and rugged alpine terrain, the Black Diamond Venom bridges the gap between classic piolet and technical ice tool. The curved upper shaft provides added clearance during technical ice and snow sections, while the traditional spike makes for smooth plunging on the uphill. The dual-density grip and included Lockdown Leash increase security when things get dicey.
- Climbs steep couloirs, plunges and self arrests
- Venom Hammer is equipped with a Tech Pick and the Venom Adze comes with the Classic Pick
- Comfortable, dual-density molded grip
- Lockdown Leash included
- CEN-B certified
Lightweight, 12-point crampon built for the variable, moderate terrain of classic mountaineering routes, the Black Diamond Serac crampon is available in three different configurations for maximum versatility with any type of mountain boot. Horizontal frontpoints provide secure bite in icy steps, while the serrated secondary points add more stability than the Sabretooth in steep snow and neve. The Serac's light and durable stainless steel design won't rust, resists snow balling and is free from toxic coatings that wear off in the mountains.
- Distinctive stainless steel construction doesn't rust, is more durable, resists snow balling and saves weight
- Versatile horizontal frontpoints and more stable secondary points
- Low-profile micro-adjust heel bail with two positions
- Clip version is for boots without a front toe welt
- Strap version is for use with trekking boots
- Includes dual-density ABS
See our website for other great clearance offers such as free footprint and packtowl with all MSR Tents and only £199.99 for a pair of Black Diamond Reactor Ice Axes.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.