|Apparel Designer Vacancy
announcement by manufacturer
This announcement has been read 1,158 times
More In This Category
Lowe Alpine is a leading manufacturer of backpacks and accessories in the outdoor industry and are looking to recruit a Garment... [ full story ]
EpicTV is seeking part time researchers with strong working knowledges of specific adventure sports to help our content team... [ full story ]
Hang Fast are looking to recruit a Adventure Structure Designer / Draughtsman to join their team in Bingley [ full story ]
Equip Outdoor Technologies Ltd are looking to recruit a Senior Designer to join the team at Rab. [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
timfishdesign is an award winning design consultancy specialising in the design and development of outdoor and sports products. We have a full-time vacancy for an apparel designer. A key aspect of the role will include working on Moon Climbing clothing.
The start date is January 2014 or earlier.
£16 000 - £19 000 per annum, depending on skills and experience
Please see more at
An apparel designer to support research, design and product development, and communicate with manufacturing partners.
- Range planning and development
- Conceptual design work
- Creation of presentation work for internal meetings and client
- Creation of packages / artwork to specify initial designs to outsourced manufacturers / client - including technical specifications
- Creation of packages / artwork to specify changes to outsourced manufacturers / client - including technical specifications
- Creation of sewn mock ups and samples of ideas
- Other sales, technical and/or development projects and support as required by timfishdesign
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to produce concepts and colour boards, and capacity to design and follow the development process through to finished product
- Trend awareness, fabric proposals, customer profiling
- Experience of apparel design, construction and production – including creation of technical specification packs with measurement and construction details
- Technical knowledge of pattern cutting and garment construction
- Computer literacy Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication standard
- Ability to self-start and work independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Commitment to teamwork
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of factory communication and liaison
- Experience of bag design and construction
- Experience of size grading
- Active interest in outdoor sports
Closing date: Monday 25 November 2013
Short listing: Thursday 28 November 2013
Interviews: w/b 02 December 2013
Please request application packs from email@example.com
Applications are welcome in digital or hardcopy format.
Posted applications should be sent to Keriana Tracey, timfishdesign, Unit 3 Harland Works, John Street, Sheffield, S2 4QU.
Emailed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com