|MONTANE Junior Womenswear Designer Vacancy
added Nov/2013, see all Montane news & reviews
announcement by Montane
This announcement has been read 1,194 times
More In This Category
This an exciting opportunity to join a Technical team with a highly successful and fast moving outdoor brand. Rab is one of the... [ full story ]
We have a vacancy for a part-time sales person to work 3 days a week and occasional weekends. We would prefer individuals with... [ full story ]
To find out more about this vacancy and to apply please follow this... [ full story ]
The Castle is looking for an energetic, creative & self-motivated person to join the team as Café Manager. [ full story ]
Related UKC Forum discussions
MONTANE® is one of the fastest growing outdoor brands in Europe. We specialise in creating technical clothing and equipment for the mountains, where the design and performance are of the highest quality and are critical factors in the comfort and success of the wearer’s pursuit.
We have a young, ambitious, dynamic team motivated by a love of the mountains and producing exceptional products. We are represented in many territories around the world and have a head office in Northumberland and a showroom in the Lake District.
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will have:
- A higher education Degree in Design (fashion / industrial / sports clothing).
- Ideally one year’s experience in a relevant department, ideally focused on womenswear.
- Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft office competency.
- A high degree of planning and organisational skills.
- A strong motivation to succeed.
- An ability to adapt and problem solve through clear thinking.
- An enthusiasm for the outdoors with at least one sport as a hobby (climbing, trail running, trekking etc.).
- An ability to work closely within a team.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- An interest and ability to travel internationally.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Design and create products to a strict brief.
- Work closely with the Product and Design Managers to develop new concepts and designs.
- Work closely with the Design Manager to learn how to create detailed technical specifications and communicate these to the Product Manager and factories.
- Explore new patterns and develop new construction techniques.
- Ensure product development tracks competently against a strict seasonal timeline.
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers to source new fabrication and trims.
- Work closely with Garment Technicians to develop fit and styles.
- Competently conduct research around new product styles.
- Understand existing ranges and work closely with the team on product updates.
- Work with the product testing team to develop new materials and products.
- Competently present ideas and designs within internal meetings.
- Conduct colour research and future trends.
Location: Northumberland HQ
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Application closing date: 22nd December 2013
To apply please submit by email a cover letter, C.V. and relevant portfolio examples in either .doc or .pdf format to Lottie Watkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further enquiries please contact Lottie Watkinson at email@example.com.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.
Please support the following outdoor retailers who support UKClimbing.com