Jottnar Fjorm Jacket£295, added Aug/2014, see all Jöttnar news & reviews
announcement by Jöttnar
Featuring water-repellent down, applied via nano-technology by our US based partner DOWN-TEK™, this expedition jacket maintains loft and insulation far longer, and dries far more quickly, than regular down. The down is rated at 850 FP with a 93/7 premium goose/duck down ratio for more warmth and less weight. Sophisticated body-mapped fill schedule, box wall construction and oversized zipper baffling minimise cold spots and an ultra-lightweight DWR rip-stop face fabric allows the down to achieve full loft.
Likely wet-out zones at the cuffs, hem and collar are reinforced with Duoregulation™ ADVANSA Thermo°cool® for maximum moisture protection. A belay-friendly two-way zipper and helmet compatible storm hood with mouldable peak add to Fjörm’s credentials as a class-leading expedition down jacket.
Available in both Men's and Women's Models.
- DOWN-TEK™ water repellent down insulation
- 850 fill power, 93/7 premium goose/duck down ratio
- Body-mapped down fill schedule
- Box wall torso construction for warmth
- Stitch through arm construction for light weight
- Duoregulation™ ADVANSA Thermo°cool ® 120 insulation in wet-out zones at cuffs, hem and collar
- 20 Denier windproof, rip-stop nylon main body outer with DWR finish
- Helmet compatible insulated hood with internal pulls
- Wire stiffened hood brim with fully mouldable peak
- 1-litre bottle compatible, zipped inner pocket
- YKK two-way front zipper
- Athletic, streamlined, articulated cut
- Internal oversized storm baffle with Duoregulation™ ADVANSA Thermo°cool ® insulation
- Hand warmer pockets with front facing insulation
- Adjustable, elasticated cuffs with Velcro ® adjusters and Rentex ® cuff liners
- Rentex ® beard guard
- Internally protected hood pull cords
- Corded, glove compatible zipper pulls
- One-handed, elastic hem drawcord operation
- Embroidered logo
- Total weight: 608 g (men's medium)
- Colours: Black/Charcoal/Orange or Green/Charcoal/Faded Bright Yellow
- Certified non-live plucked
- PFOA free
- PFOS free
- The DOWN-TEK™ micro thin nano-polymer application does not affect Fill Power, loft, measurable weight or breathability; it has an environmentally friendly production process within European directives 67/548/EEC and 1999/45/EC
See this product at the Jottnar shop
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.