Reviews for Petzl gear:
News from Petzl:
The BUG was designed specifically for multipitch,long routes that are done in a single day. Its rounded rectangular shape maximizes volume and minimizes interference while in use. The volume of the BUG is ideal for carrying gear on the approach and when climbing (hydration system, guidebook/topo, clothing, shoes, etc). Everything has been designed for maximum comfort while climbing with the BUG on the back: minimal bulk, shoulder straps allowing freedom of arm movement, comfortable and ventilated back panel, foldaway waistbelt, high positioning allows access to back of harness(for chalkbag, gear) and lateral compression straps.
Lyon Equipment, Mar 2008
- enables a rope to be strapped to the bottom of the pack(carry straps)
- waistbelt provides additional carry comfort for heavy loads and tucks away for freedom of movement when climbing
- allows you to carry a jacket on the outside
- stable on the back even without using waistbelt
- provides freedom of movement while climbing
- adjustable height sternum strap enhances security and comfort
- helps to keep everything safely stored when open
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.