PHD Mountain Software Aconcagua Down Jacket£165, added Jun/2008, see all PHD Mountain Software news & reviews
announcement by PHD Mountain Software
This announcement has been read 5,984 times
© Neil ThurmanThe Aconcagua is a classic long duvet with a down hood, the ideal jacket for high peaks and high treks, where altitude and cold are the dangers, not the technical climbing. With a Typical Operating Temperature of –20C and a total weight of around 850gm it offers excellent weight/warmth performance. The proofed Cascade outer is 100% windproof (wind is often the most serious danger on these mountains) and the soft M1 inner is elasticated for a snug fit.
The standard price for this jacket is £236. It is on offer for a limited period at £165, a saving of 30%.
Jacket shown in Mid-Blue / Black. Also available in All Black.
- Down Quality: 700
- Outer Fabric: Cascade
- Weight: 850g (30oz)
- Typical Operating Temperature: -20C (-4F)
- Construction: Box wall throughout
- Inner: M1 Microfibre – elasticated for snug fit
- 2 zipped handwarmer pockets
- 1 zipped internal pocket
- 2 way front zip covered by studded storm-flap
- Three-quarter length internal draft baffle behind zip
- Down Hood: stud-on with size adjuster (not sized for helmet)
- Adjustable stretch-cord hem
- Stud cuffs
- Stuff sac 20cm diam x 34cm high
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.